CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 26, 2011

25 Random Things...

I was going through my Facebook account and found this little gem written a couple of years ago. A couple of things have changed but, what a fun little note!

Random Things About Me

by Maggie Marus Spicer on Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 5:18pm

1. I am one of the most sensitive and empathetic people that I know. I can’t say no to things because I usually can’t live with my own guilt or I am afraid to hurt people’s feelings.
2. I am a firm believer in doing the right thing, sometimes even at the expense of what I really want.
3. I have lived in 9 different places in my 34 years. I say I am from Colorado because I lived there the longest.
4. Although I swore I would never live in Rock Springs, I am most likely here for the rest of my life and I do not mind it.
5. I love the idea of raising my family in a smaller community and knowing that my children do and always will have “roots” in Rock Springs. True, that there are some opportunities that are not offered here, but I feel my children will thrive all the same.
6. The happiest days of my life were (in this order): 08/10/96 – my wedding day; 10/19/99 – Sophie’s birthday; 04/03/01 – Hannah’s birthday; 10/06/02 – Bella’s birthday and
03/03/05 – Mia’s birthday.
7. People often comment on the ages of our children and ask if we were crazy which used to really offend me. The truth is that they were not “planned” to be as close as they are, but I would not change a thing!
8. My ideal man is someone who has a strong character, strong morals, is confident, is intelligent, is attractive, would give you the shirt off his back, someone that balances out my emotional side, someone to whom his family is the most important part of his life, someone who has a variety of interests and is not afraid to experience new things and I am so lucky that my ideal man is my husband!
9. Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done. My girls are the joys of my life and having them has forever changed me. I feel blessed to have been afforded the opportunity to be their mother and, although it might sound trite, I truly CANNOT remember what life was like before them.
10. I LOVE how different each of my daughters are. Never in a million years did I expect to have 4 daughters that are clearly all related, yet each so unique.
11. My greatest life challenge is to raise four strong, compassionate and conscientious women and I constantly worry that I might fail at that.
12. I love to travel. There is so much to do and see in this world and I want to experience as much as I can. I love reading the book 1001 Places to See Before You Die and checking off places we’ve been. I also now own the book 500 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up. I want our children to experience and appreciate this world too!
13. My favorite poem is one that was written by my husband, for me.
14. I love artwork by Monet and Gustav Klimt.
15. My all time favorite song is “Your Song” by Elton John.
16. I love the smell of rain.
17. I have a purse obsession, Coach is my all time fave.
18. I could eat cereal morning, noon and night!
19. We have three dogs, MacGregor our Scotty, Frasier our Boston Terrier and Harry our Standard Poodle. Most people think that having three dogs is crazy, but the truth is we want one more so that each of our girls can have their own!
20. Growing up I wanted to be a teacher or lawyer. I took the LSAT in the fall of 1998 and was going to start law school in the fall of 1999, but got pregnant with our first daughter…and that changed everything!
21. I LOVE learning about my religion and other religions too! I find it fascinating how differently people interpret the Bible.
22. I have a strong set of morals and values, but do not believe in imposing those onto others. Everybody must decide what is right for themselves and then live with their choices.
23. I enjoy cooking and have grown to love experimenting with new recipes and foods.
24. I love for things to be organized and often feel ‘out of control’ if they are not. I love reading about ways to organize your life and I love shopping for organizational tools. That being said, having four young children has forced me to let go of that obsession…only slightly!
25. I love my life. I try to remember that even when I am presented with challenges or am feeling frustrated, I am blessed. Blessed with a loving, healthy family, blessed with friends and blessed with many life luxuries (not life necessities). Sometimes when I stop and think about how quickly life is going I shudder. I am going to be 35 this year, Justin and I are quickly approaching the point at which we will have been together more than half of our living years, my oldest is 9 and my baby is about to be 4, yet I remember it all as if it were yesterday! I just want time to slow down a little, but instead I must learn to really take it all in and savor every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment