CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Needlessly Bad Road Trip to Laramie

Bella, Mia, Hannah and I took a trip to Laramie today to see our friends the Yeends, as well as to see the UW-BYU game. We left around 7:30am, swung by Starbucks for bagels and hot chocolate, and hit the road.

When we arrived in Laramie, Mia decided that she wanted to stay with the Yeend kids rather than go to the game with me - I was a little disappointed, as I thought it would be fun for her to get a little bonding time with her Daddy without her Mommy being around, but a little relief knowing how high-maintenance she can be. Kevin and Keaton and I headed off to the stadium lot and a little tailgating with the Pivics.

Flash-forward two hours, and the beatdown has begun. And went on for the next three hours (we left with a quarter left to go, something I rarely do). I picked up the kids and we headed back to the Rock.

Flash-forward 190 miles (of a 200-mile trip), and I managed to drive up on a Wyoming Highway Patrolman; not a good idea to cruise up to one of these guys when you're going Mach 5 and not paying attention to the guy in front of you. He slowed down, I slowed down, he headed for the side of the road, I headed for the side of the road, and the ticket was on. The girls have been present for enough of these that they know the drill - hide the weapons, hands up, etc. We did have a minor fracas in the backseat as Bella and Mia fought over a "stolen" cowgirl hat while the Trooper watched. I received my ticket, we drove the final 10 miles, and I was promptly narc'd out when we walked in the door.

So the final score was: BYU 52, Wyoming 0, Justin 1 ticket and a pounding headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment