CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Thanksgiving Challenge

Every day this month until Thanksgiving, think of at least one thing that you are thankful for and write it. "Today I am thankful for..." This little challenge comes to me via Facebook but is worthwhile all the same. However, I thought my thankfulness might get lengthy or even sappy {given my recent state of mind} so, best to be written on the blog.

Today I am thankful for the health of my children. On of my best friend's children is having some serious medical problems right now and watching her endure this is very difficult to say the least. I can only relate in that we only ever want the absolute best for our children and when any issue arises that threatens that it is devastating. This particular situation just breaks my heart. So today, my beautiful, strong, healthy girls are what I am most thankful for.
They are the focus of my life and I love them beyond measure!


However, today I am also thankful for the gift of friendship. I have many girlfriends and few that I am blessed to call my very best friends. Without whom, I often wonder, would I ever make it through {a day, an hour, a cold; a PTO event, parenting crisis, etc.}. We rely on each other for A LOT: a text, a call, a drink, a compliment, a lunch date, a shoulder to lean on, an ear that will listen, someone that will laugh at you and, as I have been reminded again this week, we need each other. To embrace with our mutual love, lift up, look into each others eyes and say:
"you are going to survive this; we are here and we love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment