CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 17, 2011

I have a guilty pleasure. It's a bit shameful.

My guilty pleasure is....television shows about stupid people. By this I don't mean people with low IQs {although they often do feature}, I mean normal people who persist in saying and doing stupid things - things that are like bad train wrecks yet I cannot tear myself away. Young twenty-somethings living the high life in Cali and starting bar fights with one another. Idiots! Teenagers having ridiculous amounts of unprotected sex, producing babies and then getting a show to document said experiences. Idiots! People who spend and absurd amount of time cutting out coupons, organizing coupons, calling around and hounding their local grocery store manager so they can have a home that rivals a COSTCO or SAM’s CLUB. Idiots! People who are never able to part with one piece of trash, one item of clothing, one toy, one gadget, etc., etc. to the point that they can no longer live in their homes. Idiots!

And my current guilty pleasure/obsession – 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' {and its multitude of spin- offs}. Don’t get me wrong, I've been a fan for some time and take quite a bit a heat for it in this house {how can I watch a show about people who earn a living doing nothing} but, I'm already very emotionally invested. I mean, when your boyfriend stuffs dollar bills down a waiter's throat in a complete drunken stupor or throws a fit because you hid his latest fashion fetish, his walking cane…that just might be a relationship problem right there that no amount of romantic trips or private 5-star meals will fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment