CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

My Daily Dose of Parenting

Today I got to go to Sophie's school {at her request} and view the 'puberty' video with her. When the note came home two weeks ago, she begged me not to sign it attempting to convince that she knew what she needed to know and did not need to be subjected to the embarrassment of having to view this video with her peers. Of course, I said, you don't know the half of it and you are going to watch it. So today was the big day and she was sweating bullets over this and asked if I would go with her. Let's just cut to the chase...Sophie, who thought she knew everything, nearly fell off her chair. It started off pleasant enough - talking about the importance of good hygiene during which Sophie proclaimed, "her dogs could use a lesson in hygiene!" Then we get to good ole' menstruation and the subsequent question regarding how babies are made asked by some innocent soul in her class. The school nurse, gave a very glossed over, talk to your parents kind of answer, but did elude to the fact that it takes a boy and a girl to do so. Fast forward to this afternoon when Sophie gets of the bus and asks me "So let me get this straight, you HAVE to "be" with a boy to have a baby?" I answer, "yes." Sophie answers, "Um, I am adopting all of my kids!"

Good, that's what we want to hear...at least for a good 10-12 more years!

2 comments:

  1. this is hilarious!
    love..
    uncle paul and aunt kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hysterical! and just think you have three more times to watch this video! LOL
    George and Laura

    ReplyDelete