CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wisdom of a Four-Year-Old

Ever since Sophie was very small, we've called fried eggs "cheesy eggs." Sophie initially thought the yolk in the middle of the egg was cheese, and the name just stuck. Hannah and Bella have grown up calling them the same thing, so that's just a term we use.

This morning, Mia was grumping around the kitchen complaining that nothing the pantry interested her for breakfast. "I only like like Fruity Pebbles, and nothing else," she told me. I asked her if she would like a scrambled egg for her breakfast.

"The yolk has to be showed up," she told me.

"A cheesy egg? One with cheese in the middle?" I asked her.

"Dad, it's called a yolk, not cheese. And it has to show up," she said pointedly.

I stand corrected, and I made the egg with yolk that shows up.

1 comment:

  1. so cute! yeah i find myself not saying water...but wa-wa... my sophia is never going to know the real word at this rate. haha.

    ReplyDelete