CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Happy Ending

As I am readying myself for bed, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. The anticipation of knowing that all of the Chilean miners are safely above ground is making it hard for me to settle down to sleep. I've watched eagerly as the first two were rescued and even cried tears of joy as the first man was reunited with his family. In a time when our news is saturated with sad endings, it's amazing to bear witness to such a dramatic story that has a rare, happy ending. Watching this broadcast it is difficult to not feel the joy and elation that the Chilean families and surely, their whole country, must be feeling. What a wonderful, heartwarming story!

"I think I had extraordinary luck. I was with God and with the devil. And I reached out for God," Sepulveda said (rescued Chilean miner).

No comments:

Post a Comment