CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 1, 2010

Karate


Along with Mia, Sophie and I are taking Karate classes. It's a lot of fun, and the kids have their own classes with students their own size. In my class, there are six adults, four men and two women. There is only one other student as tall as me, so we train together since every one else is so much shorter.

Last night, we learned how to defend and fight while on the ground. There were several moves designed to defend against an attacker who is on top of you striking at your face, and four choke holds for incapacitating an opponent. The choke holds work amazingly well.

The only problem here is that no one at home wants me to try these great moves out. I can see several circumstances where a choke hold would be useful, i.e. bedtime for Mia.

1 comment: