CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

I didn't get to post my "small successes" on Thursday because I was on route to Casper but, I am feeling happy that I survived this week and am half way through what are two very grueling weeks for our family so I am feeling the need to post.

I am President of the PTO at the girl's elementary school. We are only in our second year and still a little unorganized so, it can be challenging at times. I have come to find that this volunteer position is extremely time consuming and rewarding the same time. Many of my successes this week revolve around PTO.

1. I successfully led our PTO to write a {much needed} beautiful mission statement:

"As the Sage Elementary School Parent-Teacher Organization, our goal is to help lift our students to a higher standard of learning. Parents, teachers and staff will come together with a common focus, to help each student reach their personal best. We will enhance their educational experience by providing: financial support through fundraising, support of teachers and staff, materials and opportunities for educational growth, and develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement."

2. I oversaw a very successful bake sale!


3. I drove the girls and I to Casper to get ready for a very dear friend's wedding. Sophie and Hannah are junior bridesmaids and Bella and Mia are flower girls in the wedding and Justin is photographing the wedding!

4. I went to work, made treats for Bella's birthday and took them to her class to help her celebrate; got the kids everywhere they needed to be; delegated some PTO duties; drafted and sent out multiple PTO letters; helped to put some final touches on a social event that I am helping to plan for a local woman's group and got everyone to CCD! HALLELUJAH!




No comments:

Post a Comment